Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Eating off the Streets - Malaysian Street Food


Food is everywhere! My first stop while in Malaysia's Chinatown was this jerky stand. These goodies are made from ground meat + spices, flattened, dried and then grilled. They are absolutely to die for!




Next up....Satay, another must eat to add to the list for anyone visiting M'asia. Your choice of chicken or beef, deliciously prepared and served with fresh slices of cucumber, onions and their dipping sauce. They're a bit greasy, probably from coconut milk but who cares!?! They're too good to pass.








What is this? I dunno, but it tastes good. It's cendol in a bright pink, sweet, milky liquid. I know what you're thinking...yes, it does look like Pepto Bismol.

I have this thing for bright colors and instead of shying away from eating brightly colored foods I actually go after them. This drink caught my eye and I just had to have a taste. I has a unique pleasant flavor....  Perfect for a hot day and to wash down the satay and jerky.











Hats off to you Malaysia, your food is delicious and your people are wonderful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment